Today, I am going to be doing my very first Fab Five monthly favorites post! I am hoping to keep up with these as the months go by, and share with y’all all of the awesome stuff I’ve discovered. I love love love to talk about products that I think are fabulous, and so I am so excited to be sharing some of my faves with y’all. So, without further ado, here of some lovely little things that I’ve been smitten with all January long.
1. First off, lemme tell you a funny story. The day after Christmas, I was getting ready for work, and having just curled my eyelashes, I went to apply mascara and realized that the middle section of my lashes on my right eye was gone. GONE. Short-little stubs were the only remnants left. And do you know where the rest of my poor eyelashes were? Stuck helplessly on the inside rim of my beloved eyelash curler. I know, horrific. But not to fear! After a mini freak-out, a trip to Ulta taken by my wonderful mother, and some lash glue, my little lash stubs were saved by the Benefit Going Solo Lash Set! These little babies gave me a full-lashed look and looked 100% natural. The set comes with individual lashes of multiple sizes to fill in even the teensiest of gaps. They are $15 at Ulta and a wonderful purchase! Disclaimer, I HIGHLY recommend trying your best not to chop your eyelashes off in the first place, but if it happens, a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do. (PS, my eyelashes have thankfully grown back due to the wonderful healing powers of Vaseline!)
2. Two words. FAUX FUR. Faux fur is absolutely, positively fabulous. I adore faux fur in every possible way. Faux fur vests, faux fur rugs, faux fur blankets… it’s all awesome stuff! Recently, I’ve been searching for a white faux fur pillow to add to my bed, and boy, did I find the PERFECT ONE. Target, $30, and by far my favorite purchase of the month! My bedroom is white and gold, and so I thought adding the fur would bring a little texture and coziness, especially as the winter weather (finally) moves on in. So, if you’re looking to add a little warmth to your winter, I highly recommend going faux!
3. Savor by Shauna Niequist. Ah, if you’re looking for a new devotional, look no further. I have the perfect one for you. Savor is a 365-day devotional that illuminates the simplest of life’s joys in the most beautiful way. A good friend of mine gave me this devotional back in the fall, and I have been loving it every since. Each entry that I read gives me a breath of fresh air and a clean, clear perspective on this world that God has created, and it is absolutely marvelous.
4. Okay y’all, it’s time for the feels. Stone Cold by Demi Lovato is by far my favorite song at the moment. I have been a fan of Demi since the As the Bell Rings, Camp Rock, Sonny With A Chance days, and she has blossomed as the years have gone by. I love her music, and this song incorporates the perfect amount of emotion, bittersweetness, and soul. Demi’s passion is evident through this song, and her voice is just as incredible as ever. If you haven’t heard it yet, take a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtFWFlntLZY
5. Whoever thinks that coloring is only acceptable if you are below the age of ten obviously has never had an adult coloring book, because I am in love! This month I’ve been obsessed with Secret New York by Zoe de Las Cases and Lost Ocean by Johanna Basford. As the weather gets colder, I’ve loved curling up in my bed with some Netflix (HIMYM, am I right?), my colored pencils, a nice cup of green tea, and one of these books. It really is a great way to relax and relieve stress, so if you’re freaking over finals, a coloring book might just be the thing to keep yourself off the edge. And they’re also just plain FUN.
Well, I hope y’all enjoyed! Expect lots more Fab Five posts to come. 🙂